I am not sure how many marketers there are in this world. But I do know that just about every one wants to know what the others are thinking and where are the industry trends leading?
If you knew that certain tactics and strategies have emerged and marketers are saying they are very important, would you listen? – I would. Well, there’s no need to look any further, here are 7 statistics that will help guide your thinking and planning for resources and budget allocation. The good news is, you can tell your boss that these are probably considered standard for marketing practitioners and brands.
What Are Marketing Leaders Saying?
I must admit, out of the 7 listed here, I would probably only have guessed a few of them. Well, here goes, 7 Eye-Opening Marketing Insights from industry pros.
- 59% of marketers say top marketing objectives are acquiring new customers. (Forrester)
- 83% of marketers say top marketing pain is improving lead generation. (IDC)
- 47% of marketers say top digital priority in 2014 is conversion. (ExactTarget)
- 66% of marketers say if you had 10% more budget, where would you spend it? Demand creation. (SiriusDecisions)
- 95% of CMOs said content marketing is important to their business in 2014. (Social Media Today)
- 87% of CMOs say social media is the most engaging digital medium for serving real-time content. (Social Media Today)
- 66% of all CMOs surveyed expect their content marketing efforts to yield a positive ROI in 2014. (Social Media Today)
If these marketing tactics and percentages don’t get your motor running, I am not sure what will. Chances are, your marketing is not running on all cylinders in all these areas listed above. I know for my team, and me we are focusing on content marketing and improved lead generation. It sure is nice to know that other marketing leaders are also thinking similarly to me. No, I am not a totally wacky marketer contrary to what some people may think. However, I would be if I were not thinking about any of the above items.
Yourbrandexposed.com is designed to look at digital with an eye into the future using a creative, innovative marketing perspective. We’re a consultative and tactical resource for companies looking to leverage the power of digital, social and content marketing strategies.
Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-macfarland/
Image Design: Canva
Photo Credit: CC BY 2.0 Courtney Rhodes – Eye of the Day