Social media is everywhere nowadays. It’s on your iPad, iPod, iMac, Android, Laptop, and it even chimes at you when it wants you to pay attention to it. Let’s face it, once you start interacting with social media, it’s like have a two year old by your side for the rest of your life. As I started thinking about this, it’s so true. My social media channels that I interact with have some alarmingly common traits with a two year old.
A two year old expert I am not. Yes, I am a dad with four kids, so I do have experience with the terrific twos. And I must admit, as much as I loved them at that age, I am happy that my kids have matured. However, the older ones who are now on social media daily have actually digressed back to the two year old stage of their life… they just have not been made aware of it yet.
Here are 16 traits of your favorite two year old – Oh, by the way, they are also social media traits that most of us have while we are engaging in our favorite social channels.
- Verbalizes feelings more often
- Temper tantrums
- Difficulty with choices
- Wants to claim everything as their own;
- Shows affection spontaneously
- May experience separation difficulties off and on throughout this year
- Uses words singly or in two-word phrases, some 3-4 word sentences
- Generally knows names of things, persons, actions and situations
- Often frustrated if not understood by adults
- Talks about immediate experiences
- Repeats words, shows interest in language
- Understands one vs. many
- Has a short attention span
- Imitates actions of adults
Yourbrandexposed.com is designed to look at digital with an eye into the future with a creative, innovative marketing angle. A digital-business perspective for marketers!